Network Setup For Windows 7
Enabling Ping Request On Windows Xp
How To Ping
Viewing Network Configuration
Testing Local Getway Ping Found in previous Command
Releasing IP That is Found From DHCP Server
Renewing DHCP IP
First check the wan connectivity either it is fiber/radio/utp cable.(please view how to check Link).If link is down then inform call center, if link is ok then proceed to steps 2.
- If you have Router/Gateway Server for WAN Connectivity and Switch for LAN connectivity then please reboot the Device and then check for internet connectivity. If still found problem then proceed to steps 3.
- Next ping to default gateway of wan from your network.
- If ping reply is ok from default gateway then link is ok and ping 188.8.131.52.
- if ping 184.108.40.206 to is ok then finally ping yahoo.com and if no ping reply from 220.127.116.11 then inform call center.
- if we get ping from yahoo.com but cannot browse then clear browsers history and check your pc for virus and browsers problem.
- If we are getting ping from 18.104.22.168 but not from yahoo.com than please check your primary and secondary DNS server settings.
- Make no assumptions – test or check everything.
- Make sure you have the correct IP scheme (e.g. 192.168.0.x).
- Make sure you have the correct Subnet Mask, Gateway, DNS.
- Make sure you can ping other computers by IP address.
- Check out the cable whether or not it is connected properly.
- Check the link LEDs on your PC LAN card (if it has any).
- Make sure that the power of your local switch/router/network device is ok. Check out the LED display. If they are not normal then switch the power OFF then ON.
- Make sure you can ping to your Local Gateway.
Data Connectivity Problem
- First do the LAN troubleshooting.(please see how to troubleshoot LAN
- Then Ping to Real ip of the Remote Network and if no ping reply then Remote end network is down. If ping to Real ip is ok that means remote branch is up and ping to the Local Gateway of the Remote Network. If ping to Local Gateway Remote Branch is ok that means Data Connectivity is ok.
Wireless Connectivity Problem
- First check your wireless lan card driver installed successfully and wireless is
Turned on. After this make sure the wireless router/ap is turned on. Then search for wireless networks and try to connect the desired wireless network. if it is asking for a password than please provide the network security key. If you are not getting wireless network ssid(name) while searching than check whether u are out of wireless router coverage or the routers wireless function is enabled or not or the wireless router has power and turned on. After that try again and reboot the router. If still you are not able to connect then please check the router is malfunctioning or not.
- Sometimes it happens you are able to connect to your wireless router but not
Getting internet. Than check whether you are getting proper ip from the command prompt by this command > ipconfig /all. Than if you are getting ip like 169.254.x.xand trying to obtain ip by dhcp than apply this command from command prompt: ipconfig /release .After that apply the command ipconfig /renew. Than a new ip will be given. If you got ip but still not getting internet and than check for NAT is enabled on the router or not.
- Sometime it happens internet is available if static ip is configured on your pc/host
but when dhcp is enabled you are not getting internet. Please check your getting proper lan ip, default gateway and dns server. If not than please check the dhcp server settings on your router.
Common Questions / FAQ
- Wan link is ok but no BW?
Ans: That means connectivity to customer is ok but NAT or Lan Connectivity
Problem. If NAT problem please check your routers NAT Configuration. If NAT configuration found ok then check the cable from Routers LAN to Switch. If needed please change the UTP cable from router to switch.
- Internet ok but Getting Slow Bandwidth?
Ans: Please check your MRTG usage from http://custmrtg.agni.com/custgrph.htm By using Your username and password to view MRTG provided by us. If your usage is full than try your local user is downloading or not. If you are sure that no download is from your LAN than check for Virus Broadcast on your LAN.
- Internet ok but getting packet loss?
Ans: Please check your ping to Local gateway if it found no packet loss than ping to The WAN gateway. If getting packet loss than reboot the Media Converter for Fiber connectivity and reboot the radio in case of Radio connectivity.If still Packet loss found than inform call center.
- Internet ok but not getting data connectivity ?
Ans: Please check the LAN troubleshooting and ping to Remote Branch real ip, if Ping reply is not found than remote branch is down. If you getting ping from
Remote branch real ip than ping to local gateway of remote branch. If ping Reply from remote network lan Gateway is ok than VPN connectivity is ok Else the VPN connectivity is down Please contact with our call center.
- Not Getting Internet and Fiber Link MC is showing any LED off?
Ans: Please check the both UTP Cable and Patch cord of fiber is plugged correctly.If 3 led is off than UTP cable problem and if 2 led is off than Fiber link Problem. If fiber link found down than inform it to our call center.
- Not Getting Internet and POE is showing any LED off?
Ans: Please check the UTP Cable is plugged correctly.If both LED of POE is on than please try by changing the UTP cable from POE to your device . If still
found problem than reboot the Radio, Router, Switch on your network and after that check ping to your WAN gateway. If not than inform call center.
- Getting ping to 22.214.171.124 but not yahoo.com?
Ans: Try to ping 126.96.36.199 from command prompt by this command : ping 188.8.131.52 –t .(Please see Basic Network Setup for more understanding). If ping to 184.108.40.206 is ok that means you have internet and ping to yahoo.com for Checking your dns is working or not. If your are getting ping 220.127.116.11 but not from yahoo.com that means your primary and secondary dns server is not Working properly.At that point please try by changing your primary and Secondary dns server to 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124.
- If you are a PPPOE user and trying to connect from your pc but not able to Connect and getting error?
Ans: If you are getting error code 678/651 that means physical connectivity error.Please check your UTP cable plugged correctly or not. If still getting same error code than please inform our call center. If you are getting error code 651that is due to wrong username and password. Please check your username and password is given correctly while connecting.
- Getting IP conflict Freuently?
Ans: This is due to use of same ip twice on your network. Please change the ip if Use static ip on host and if you are trying to obtain ip using DHCP than type
These commands from command prompt: ipconfig /release first and then ipconfig /renew command to obtain a new ip on your host/pc.